September 11, 2019

My Disagreement With Kagame Is Not For Media – Museveni


President’s Kagame and Museveni exchange copies of the Angola MoU

Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni has again declined to discuss his conflict with Rwandan counterpart Paul Kagame.

Responding to social comments on Wednesday seeking clarification on progress since the Angola quintupartite summit, Museveni said it was not for public discussion.

“[Facebook comment] wonders about my agreement with President Kagame. The process is continuing. It is not for the press,” said Museveni.

The Ugandan leader’s reaction comes as news emerged in Rwanda this morning that a delegation led by Uganda’s Foreign Minister Sam Kutesa is due in Rwanda on September 15.

In the Angola MoU, Kagame and Museveni agreed to constitute an implementation committee comprising Rwanda-Uganda Foreign Ministers, Interior Ministers and Intelligence Chiefs.

Days after the fight erupted on February 28, Museveni issued a directive ordering all Ugandan officials not to comment on the Rwanda-Uganda issue. It followed bitter public exchanges by officials from either side.

Since then, while Rwanda, and President Kagame himself, has maintained public pressure through the mainstrain media and other hidden online platforms, Uganda has only been attacking using unknown sites.

Some mainstream media sites have been blocked by either government.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *